Conference Catch Up April 2021
Our 2nd Zoom conference took place on Tuesday 20th April 2021.
We are getting much more acquainted with the technology now and everything worked better than the first time. It was a relaxed event with many people watching and asking questions in the presentations. If you didn’t make it on the day, below are video recordings of the speakers and the breakout groups.
To whet your appetite this was our agenda:
- Professor Paul Pharoah from Cambridge University and Addenbrooke’s – Early detection of cancer, pros and cons of screening.
- Professor Robert Thomas, Consultant Oncologist from Bedford and Addenbrooke’s Hospitals – Gut health, cancer and COVID
- Dominic Weaver – coach of St Ives Girls Rangers, telling us about how they kept fit during lockdown and how they raised money for HCCN.
- Alix Malone from MIND – told us how to have a plan for self-care and what will work for each individual.
- Lynn Reader, Reflexology teacher – gave us a talk on how Reflexology can help improve sleep quality, aid stress relief and promote a sense of wellbeing.
- Dmitri Sokolik, Tai Chi instructor gave us an insight as to what is involved in a Tai Chi class and how it can help relaxation, improve the immune system and encourage the body to heal.
- Eileen Murphy, Macmillan Transformation Manager, North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust told us a little about the new Cancer Patient Partnership Group (CPPG) that is being set up.
If you would like to know more about any of these subjects then click on any links that interest you (below) and you can hear any talk, or the whole conference, on our YouTube channel.
Please put Tuesday 5th April 2022 in your diaries and once again we will HOPE that the next conference can be face to face!